Intro To Multi-Pitch Rock Climbing
Have you been out to a climbing area and seen climbers high on a route and been interested about how it all works? Seen any climbing movies and think how cool would it be to know how to get on a multi pitch route? Climbing pitch after pitch to the top of a rock formation can be incredibly satisfying and rewarding. This two day Intro to Multi Pitch Rock Climbing course is for the climber breaking into the world of multi pitch.
Schedule Your Multi-Pitch Day
- Lead belaying
- Following trad lead pitches
- Climbing knots and hitches
- Gear and anchor cleaning efficiency
- Rope management
- Climbing equipment, showing you what you need and what is unnecessary storage and proper use of equipment.
Experience level: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
Meeting Location Sonora Pass Highway
Meeting Location for Sonora Pass Highway will be in the vicinity of Pinecrest Lake.
Meeting Location Donner Summit
Meeting location for Truckee area generally will be at School Rock Parking near Donner Summit Bridge.
What to Bring
- Comfortable clothing suitable for climbing
- Rain Jacket
- Closed-toe shoes with good traction preferably approach shoes
- Sunscreen, hat, and sunglasses
- A small backpack (20-30 liter) with water and lunch for the day snacks
- Personal climbing gear: shoes, harness, helmet, and belay device. if you own them (optional; we will provide all necessary equipment if needed)
- Extra gear if owned: Cordelette, Double Length Sling, hollow block or 6-7mm cord, 4-5 locking carabiners, guide BD Guide ATC or Petzl Reverso