Self Rescue Clinic
Climbing is an inherently dangerous activity, whether you are 1000’ off the ground or just 30 off the deck at your local crag. If there was an emergency would you know what to do to get you and your partner down safely? This course is designed to give you basic self rescue skills that will overall improve your technical toolbox and mitigate some of the risk for yourself and partners.
Join our Self Rescue Course
In this 2 day day course you will learn the following:
Maximum group size of 12 guests (2 guides 6:1 Ratio), Minimum 2 guests.
You will finish this course confident in the technique of self rescue.
What to Bring
- Comfortable clothing suitable for climbing
- Rain Jacket
- Closed-toe shoes with good traction preferably approach shoes
- Sunscreen, hat, and sunglasses
- A small backpack (20-30 liter) with water and lunch for the day snacks
- Personal climbing gear: shoes, harness, helmet, and belay device. if you own them (optional; we will provide all necessary equipment if needed)
- Extra gear if owned: Cordelette, Double Length Sling, hollow block or 6-7mm cord, 4-5 locking carabiners, guide BD Guide ATC or Petzl Reverso